Let’s be honest — all dentists know they’re not your favorite person to come visit. A dental visit can be cause for anxiety, apprehension, and fear. In fact, some patients even have a true phobia of dentists that can make them physically ill or unable to breathe at the thought of having to schedule a dentist appointment. Most people don’t like to go to the dentist because of the fear of the pain that they may experience if they need any dental work done. We understand the anxiety and the apprehension, but we have actually found that regular dental checkups can help avoid more involved dental work. Here are some ways a dentist appointment every six months can help you maintain your oral health:
- Remind you to brush and floss regularly and teach you to care for your teeth properly.
- Catch tooth decay early, resulting in better results. If left unchecked, tooth decay can progress to the point where a root canal is necessary whereas a small filling might have taken care of the problem if found sooner.
- Prevent tooth decay by strengthening enamel with fluoride, removing plaque build-up, etc.
- Helps to keep your gums healthy and prevent gum disease.
- Gives you a chance to talk to your dentist about any oral health concerns or problems you may be experiencing.
We love seeing our patients regularly and knowing we are making a difference in their lives. Contact us today to set up your next dentist appointment!