Not only is it important to keep your body healthy, but it’s also important to keep your teeth healthy. At Kotis Family Dentistry, we know how important your teeth are, from functionality to your smile. Following these dental tips can help preserve both:
- Brushing Your Teeth – Always, always brush your teeth at least twice every day, morning and night. Make sure you are thorough in your brushing by reaching for the rear molars and brushing in a circular motion. Consult one of our dentists in their recommendations for toothbrushes
- Flossing – We recommend flossing daily, especially before bed. Make sure you get every crevice and rinse your mouth out afterwards. Nothing can cause tooth decay like food particles stuck in between your teeth.
- Office Visits – If you brush and floss regularly, your teeth are healthy, and you don’t have any health problems, we recommend you come see us every 6 months. If you have problems with your teeth or health issues, you should come see us more often, depending on your situation.
Following these simple dental tips can help your mouth stay healthy and keep you happy. Not only is it important to keep your teeth healthy, but you also need to take steps to keep your gums healthy. Gum disease is a major issue in the U.S. Following these dental tips can help keep your gums healthy and prevent this disease:
- Come in for teeth cleanings and x-rays every 6 months
- Brush twice a day, and if able, after every time you eat
- Floss daily
- Use mouthwash – our specialists can recommend what kind you should use
- Seek immediate care for cavities and other concerns