Being fit and healthy are great goals to work towards. Regular exercise, a healthy diet, and adequate sleep are all great factors in staying healthy. However, did you know that your oral health is just as important as your physical health? Having healthy gums and strong teeth is imperative to overall well-being. Brushing your teeth and flossing is not enough, though. You also need to have a dental checkup to make sure everything is functioning and normal.
At Kotis Family Dentistry, we understand it can be scary having a stranger working on your mouth. That’s why we treat you like family. Our welcoming environment helps many patients to relax. We answer any questions and concerns that you may have, plus our dental specialists will make any dental checkup as quick and painless as possible. Here is an outline of what you can expect from a regular dental checkup:
- Remove plaque from your teeth
- Polish your teeth, making sure they are nice and clean, especially in those hard-to-reach areas
- X-rays, which are usually once a year, depending on the condition of your teeth
- Our dentist, Dr. Amanda Kotis, will visit with you, checking your teeth and making you aware of any problems
- Finally, if you have any questions or concerns, please let us know!
This is what occurs during a regular dental checkup. We recommend that you schedule one with our office every 6 months. More may be needed depending on your situation. We offer fast and friendly service, putting you at ease. Schedule an appointment with us today!